Monday 27 February 2012

Oscars 2012 - Red Carpet

What a night. The Oscars has to be one my favourite evenings of the year and luckily, it did not disappoint. It started off quite stressful as I attempted to live tweet/blog for three accounts whilst actually keeping up to date with the Red Carpet, but I really enjoyed it. First to the fashion, where the Hollywood stars really kicked it up a notch, making it rather hard to choose a worst dressed for the live blog I was doing. I was happy to see that the majority didn't just stick to blush hues, I was bit worried with the few first looks that they would all play if safe with this trend, but we saw some colour (no black for Rooney - shock of the night), interesting silhouettes and a few daring designs. Here are my top few:


Gwyneth Paltrow - This Tom Ford creation came onto my screen later in the night, once I'd already decided on my best dressed, and it literally took my breath away. The simplicity of the white column dress coincides perfectly with the daring, fashion-forward cape which Gwyneth pairs perfectly with a simple pony tail. 


Jessica Chastain - Immediately recognisable as McQueen, the nominated actress looks absolutely incredible in this black silk organza strapless dress with gold hand embroidery. She accompanied the dress perfectly by keeping her make-up natural with her red locks flowing gently behind her. She's had a few misses in this year's Red Carpet shows, but Jessica is absolutely going out of this award season with a bang.


Michelle Williams -  Every time I look at this Louis Vuitton peplum dress, I fall more in love with it. Its coral hue, as opposed to the red shade that seems to appear is in image, brings some always needed colour to the carpet and its suits the quirky Michelle down to a tee.


Octavia Spencer - Winner of the Best Supporting Actress award, Octavia Spencer once again, and with good reason, entrusted her styling with Tadashi Shoji. This shimmering ruched dress extremely flattered and accentuated her body.


Other favourites: Milla Jovovich in Elie Saab, Angelina Jolie in Atelier Versace (though I don't think it's her best), Stacey Keibler who stepped out of Clooney's shadow in a statuesque Marchesa gown and Rooney Mara in Givenchy.

No comments:

Post a Comment