Monday 12 March 2012

Reading Festival

Woo, just got my Reading tickets and the process was a lot less stressful than I had imagined. Very pleased with the line-up, especially after I went to V last year and despite Arctic Monkeys, the line-up was pretty awful. Crazily excited about The Cure as they are one of favourite bands but at the same time, absolutely gutted that they are playing at the same as The Maccabees. Whoever decided that clash is an idiot. I've seen Kasabian twice already and they're brilliant live so was very pleased with that, as was I with the news that Foo Fighters are headlining - only have a few albums of theirs so will definitely dip into their back catalogue more before August. So thrilled about The Black Keys, particularly because I missed out on their UK tour and after watching their set at Coachella last year, looks like they'll be fantastic live. By the end of the year, I'm going to be able to tick off most of my "Bands I must see live" list, I've starred the ones I'm scheduled to see.

Seeing The Horrors with Florence tomorrow so will post about that gig - very excited as my last gig, Kasabian in December, feels like ages ago.

Got my Radiohead tickets last week (Ahhhhhh) and the huge dent they left in my bank account will be very much worth it. I'd much rather spend my money on amazing concerts than on club entry/wasting money on alcohol, where The Smiths "How Soon Is Now?" lyrics are usually pertinent.

The Cure - Cut Here

No comments:

Post a Comment